We are Recruiting!
Job Title: Gas Service Engineer
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, some potential weekend work. Flexibility in hours may be required.
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 Bank Holidays.
Benefits IPad, Company Pension, Company Uniform, Mobile Phone, Online employee benefit scheme and Training & Development Opportunities.
We have an exciting opportunity for two experienced Gas Service Engineer’s to join our Bristol team. Glevum Heating employ a dedicated team covering Heating, Electrical and Renewable Energy and Maintenance works. Through our dedication to deliver a high quality service to our customers we have established ourselves as one of the leading independent heating companies. We are passionate about our staff and as a growing company we are looking for enthusiastic & driven individual’s to join the business.
As a Gas Service Engineer you will be working to a programme of work as identified by the Customer Helpdesk and/or Contracts Manager to deliver high quality plumbing and heating repairs, and servicing, of properties in various sectors, in a courteous and polite manner.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Carrying out repairs by fault finding to domestic heating/plumbing systems & appliances.
- Keeping accurate logs of work undertaken and materials used.
- Installing domestic heating/plumbing systems and appliances.
- Carrying out repairs to hot and cold water systems, sanitary ware and drainage systems.
- Liaising with Customer Helpdesk and Contract Managers concerning the timing and progress of work being undertaken.
- Undertaking, where necessary, associated works, including minor building repairs as identified on site.
- Identifying, from inspection, materials required to carry out repair or installation to the required standard.
- Ensuring the safe handling and storage of all plant and equipment, including regular check for road worthiness of Glevum Heating vehicles for which you are responsible.
- Managing, controlling and being responsible for a stock of materials held within a van supplied by Glevum Heating.
- Participating in the out of hours call our rota.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent customer relationships.
- Being prepared to offer support & mentoring to other members of the Gas Servicing team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Be Gas Safe Registered and have obtained the ACS Gas qualifications elements CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1 and WAT1 are essential.
- OFTEC or HETAS qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- Fault-finding experience.
- Full driving licence
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out repairs and servicing in occupied and empty properties.
If you would like to be considered for the position please send a CV through to our HR Department at HR@glevumheating.co.uk and because we would like to get to know you a little better please also send a cover letter explaining what you can bring to the role that sets you apart from others.
Closing Date for Applications is 5pm on Monday 31st July 2017.